Tax Intern Spring 2023
Are you considering a long-term career in public accounting and want exposure to the industry? Would you prefer a “modern” approach without the long hours and day-to day grind that comes with traditional CPA firms? Do you like the flexibility of working from home? If so, we have an opportunity for you! We are seeking a Remote Tax Intern to work with our firm part-time, that is ready to be a part of our team. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about helping small business owners, driven, detailed oriented, shows initiative, and who can think outside the box when it comes to complex situations. We need someone fun and professional! As an integral part of the team, the Tax Intern will report to the Founder/CEO and Tax Director while also working closely with the members of the tax and accounting departments. This is a unique opportunity for those wanting to be part of an entrepreneurial company and make a big impact!
Modern CPAs, Inc. is a rapidly growing boutique accounting firm, based in Newport Beach, CA. We work exclusively with service-based small business owners across the US looking for a one-stop solution to handle strategic tax planning and tax preparation, bookkeeping, and business advisory services. Many of our clients are also real estate investors. We work with our clients throughout the year to help them build their businesses and reduce their tax burdens. We focus on tax strategies and teach our clients the various ways they can save, while making the process less stressful so they can focus their energy on running and growing their business. Because of this kind of client relationship, we do not require our team to work weekends, even in tax season.
If this sounds like a match, please send a cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Preparing individual and business tax returns according to federal, state, or local laws
- Performing research and analysis on tax issues
- Provide accounting services for clients including client month and year-end processes: bank feed transactions, bank and credit card reconciliations, fixed asset activity, debt activity, budgeting, 1099s
Core Competencies - Demonstrates basic abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Interacting with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications
- Demonstrating self-motivation and desire to take responsibility for personal growth and career development
- A desire to pursue a career in Public Accounting
- Accountable for completing assignments accurately in a timely manner
- Meets time constraints, budgeted goals, and client deadlines
- Organized, capable of prioritizing work, and conscious of the importance of time management
- Able to adapt to changing conditions and perform under pressure
- Demonstrates professionalism in manner and appearance, contributing to positive morale
- Maintains a positive and cooperative attitude
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
- Eligible candidates should be in the 3rd year of a 4-year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5-year program, or Bachelor’s in Accounting
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to: email@example.com.